Thursday, May 3, 2007

In the Navy...

I am worried...about something stupid. About a week ago I had finished riding my bike and was putting it in the garage. There are two pegs that hang from rafters in the ceiling and these go inside the rims of the bike. In this way, the bike hangs upside down and doesn't take up space on the floor. The only reason for this is because the Camaro takes up 95% of the floor space. When lifting the bike, I have to be extremely careful because the car is right there. Anyways, I lifted the bike wrong and now my lower back has been hurting for a week. This Saturday, after the SAT, the Naval reserve center is having this little family fun day thing with activities. Sore back = no physical activity what so ever. It's fun to participate because everyone thinks I'm in the reserves. At the Army/Navy picnic I was able to participate because...well...no one asked if I was a civi. After the convocation, I was sitting in one of the rooms and this guy pops his head in and says, "Have you seen Seaman so-and-so?" Uh..... (It's kind of weird. I'll say "No, sir" and they are some E3 that isn't usually called "sir".) Yes, go ahead and laugh.

A quote I found yesterday:

"I like shooting, and I love hunting. But I never did enjoy killing anybody. It's my job. If I don't get those [blah], then they're gonna kill a lot of these kids we got dressed up like Marines. That's just the way I see it." - Long Tra'ng du'Kich

An interesting quote from an interesting person.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Aww. I'll be praying that your back will feel better. I know being hurt is no fun. I have just been able to get back to working out after I fell down the stairs at St. Mary's three weeks ago and pulled a muscle in my thigh. (I know, go ahead and laugh, it was a klutzy moment)

Yeah, the music was extremely strange. Even my mom, who grew up listening to Motown , didn't know a lot of the songs they sang. And now I'm jealous that you heard the Beach Boys. They are so good. :)