Monday, February 25, 2008

The Music of the Night

Life Is So Cool...

1) On Saturday, for the first time in my life, I browsed online aviation classifieds. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Some of the more interesting items...

Me-162 (Believed to be the only one in private hands!)
Several Su-25 relics
Several MiG-15, 17, and 21 relics
Several PBY Catalinas
One MiG-29 with avionics in the Russian Federation for $10,000,000 ("Contact Igor")

And my favorite helicopter of all time...

One Mi-24 Hind (!)

It was more fun than looking up cars on Ebay!


2) Also on Saturday I attended a Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. As the Tiger Cubs entered the room first, someone in the back started whistling "Hail to the Chief". That was funny.

3) At church yesterday we had our monthly men's breakfast. One of the guys there had a turtleneck sweater on. Is it just me, or do turtleneck-wearers look like morning people? It's almost obscene...


4) Sunday's sermon was on God's holiness. When we think about God's perfect will for our lives, we usually let our minds drift towards where we will be in the future and what God has in store for us. We think about marriage, college choices, occupations, etc. Do we ever think about God's will for all Christians? That is, do we ever think about God's will for all of us to be sanctified (1 Thes. 4:3)? It really doesn't matter if God wants me to be a snakeater, congressman, father, or paper napkin designer. What matters is the part of His will under which all of these things fall: sanctification.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

4) Amen!
I came across a quote once (I believe in was in D. Whitney's book Spiritual Disciplines) that said if two angels were given an assignment on earth: one to rule the richest kingdom and one to sweep the streets of the poorest streets it wouldn't matter to either which lot fell to whom: because either way they'd be serving the Lord. That's really stuck with me. I long to be at the place where my job doesn't matter to me either, cept that I be serving the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.