Monday, December 22, 2008

This Place is Crackalackin'...

Happenings....


1) The carburetor on the Camaro died Saturday morning. Dad and I are hypothesizing about what should be done with the thing. The motor is still original and has oh-so-many miles, so rebuilding it is an option. However, considering the cost of such a project why not convert the entire drivetrain to electric power? (His idea, not my own...)

2) Three colleges have sent acceptance letters: Embry-Riddle, The Citadel, and VMI. NC State will not send out any information until January 31, so I am still playing the waiting game. And no, I do not have a top choice out of the five ROTC colleges that have I applied to.

3) My friend and I were preparing to leave for church this past Sunday. His parents left beforehand to prepare for music, so he and I were taking Little Wing. Upon turning the key in the ignition, the car would not start. "Great. My battery is dead and we'll have to jump it in this pouring rain." I called my dad to make sure my memory was correct on the procedure.

"I turned the key in the ignition and the car will not start. I think the battery's dead. Wait...my interior lights are on..."

"Make sure the car is in park."

"Oh! Never mind..."

Not only did I park the car in drive, but I also drove ten miles to church before I realized that my hood was not closed properly. I had pulled the latch thinking that we were going to jump the battery, so it was unlatched most of the drive.

4) Quantum of Solace was...uneventful.

No comments: