Sunday, June 10, 2007

You drive me crazy...

Yesterday I had my first bad experience as a driver. (Merely honking the horn at someone when they cross the double line doesn't count)



I was driving north on Saunders towards downtown and was stopped at the light with the Dunkin' Donuts on the left and the Taco Bell and Asian Market on the right. In front of me was an early nineties/late eighties Honda with about two dozen bumper stickers (with at least three of those being Tool bumper stickers). Next to him was a late model Taurus. There is a left turn lane in the lane next to the Taurus. As the left turn light turned green both the Taurus and the Honda jumped (it was a green arrow so our lights were still red). It is not uncommon to see a car jump when that happens, but to see two do it at the same time is kind of weird. I was expecting the Honda to "get up and go" when the light turned green so I "got up and went" when it did. Strangely enough, the Honda started slow, so I got kind of close to his bumper. This baffled me. Then the driver of the Honda gave what looked like a friendly wave. I saw a smile on his face.



Me: Did he just flick me off?

Mom: I don't know. Don't worry about it.



By the time I was done thinking about this and the fact that the car looked like it was way out of alignment, I noticed that the Honda was suddenly far ahead of me and right next to the Taurus. Then he swerved right into the Taurus's lane. By this time my mind was flashing back to a really bad experience with road rage/stupidity in Chicago a few years back. Then the Honda did it a second time. As he corrected back into his lane after the second swerve he lost control and did a 180 across three lanes of traffic and went into the dirt right after the exit near the funeral home.



Evidently, he was:



a) Not drunk.

b) Not stoned.

c) Definitely stupid.

d) Definitely looking for trouble from the rest of the people that witnessed the whole event.



I'm guessing that he had had a little confrontation with the Taurus earlier and was trying to show that he was the dominant male in the situation. One word describes this kind of person: Bozo. (By the way, does anyone remember that show?)



Revenge is for pukes, as this guy made a fool of himself and put the lives of the rest of us in danger.





Finally, a hearty farewell goes out to Bob Barker as he has retired from The Price is Right ("The price is wrong, Bob!!").

2 comments:

Allie said...

haha. Your lucky that you went this long. My first bad experience was the same day I got my learners permit. (and no, it wasn't my fault.)

Euphreana said...

Heh, you are lucky...
The first time I drove with the driver's ed teacher, some guy in a red pickup was trying to run me off the road.