Saturday, September 1, 2007

Current events...



1) We finished the T-Bird today. I am still elated. We should be able to get a tag for it this coming week and by then I will have my license.



2) While working on the car, the stool that you see in the picture had a wheel break off of it. There was already one missing, so it made things interesting. It all started when I went to get the camera on the other side of the car.



*Sound of dad wrenching away at lower control arm ball joint*


KRUNCH


"Uhhhhh...(!)...what was that?"

"I broke another wheel!"

"Wh-whaaat?" (My wheels were sitting on the ground next to dad)

"On the stool."

"Ohhhh..."

"Check it out, the ball-bearings all came out."


For some reason the sight was hilarious.



"At least it wasn't on the other corner, then they would be off-set."

Mimics redneck: "Yeah, I wanted to do that! Now it won't move on me!"


Leave it to us to laugh at something like that.


3) For those of you who don't know, I am taking three classes at a local private school. This way I can also play on the soccer team. We always sit together during break, and game day is certainly no exception. Well, as it turns out, one of the guys wants to sit next to his girlfriend at another table. (I think it's the other way around.) Anyways, the first time he did it, one of the guys tried to get him back over with us, but it didn't work. We let it slip. The next day, which was game day, TWO of them decided to sit at the other table. Three of us would have none of that and we made sure that they sat with us for the rest of break. : )


4) My geekyness can sometimes come out of nowhere, and when it does powerful waves shoot out of my head and stun any poor people who happen to be in the immediate vicinity. For instance, the other night I was doing dishes...


Me: Isn't that cool?

Mom: What?

Me: Isn't it cool how the acceleration pulls the water towards the outside of the pot, leaving the middle devoid of any water?
*Stirs pot full of soapy water vigorously with wooden spoon*
Me: And another thing...Isn't it cool how it just keeps on moving after I stop stirring? I mean, how cool is that?
Mom: I have something cool for you.
Me: What?
*Hands me pile of laundry*

Life must go on...




4) I received a letter in the mail yesterday telling me that I had achieved candidate status for the Academy. This was totally unprecedented.


5) I was born again a few weeks ago. We were caving in West Virginia and were making our way back to the entrance (which was a steel culvert pipe twenty-seven feet long, complete with loose rebar for handles). Our guides asked if anyone wanted to get dirty. I naturally volunteered.

"What's it like?"
"Like going through the womb."

It was. You couldn't turn around, flip over onto your back, or even lift your head. It was awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. Just awesome.


To all of that :)

frugalhsmom said...

That's what i was going to say. Just steal the words out of me, why dontcha? :) Don't worry Sophie, i still love you. :)


bri