Monday, April 9, 2007

Legos...

You know, I always like to look back on all the crazy things that I did when I was 6, 7, 10, 13, 16...

What is it with people banning things like legos?
"They're violent!"
"Well, so is your attitude towards them. Hey, is that because Ken and Barbie didn't get along when you were a kid?"

I think that it is just the war against boys. But why is it against boys? Why are there a lot of feminists but hardly any....girly men (?). Naturally, most guys don't really care for sewing, changing diapers, prancing like a ballerina, etc. AND...most girls don't care for explosive materials, cars, weapons of any sort, camping, etc.

For example: Last weekend I was on a camp out. It was midnight. As I was sitting there in my tent, I saw something that had a lot of legs and was crawling around the top of the tent. I turned on my flashlight and to my delight, I discovered a Brown Recluse sitting there above my head. My initial reaction was, "Cool. You don't see one of those everyday, let alone sleep next to it." The desire for personal safety outweighed the coolness, so I killed it. On Friday, a friend and I took some left over cap rings from a cap gun and piled them on my driveway (They had been lying in my room for two years). I then hit it with a hammer. Besides the fact that our ears were ringing, my buddy and I said, "Cool," and finished them off.

Go to a dragstrip and you'll see what I mean. Every time there's some lady in the stands who looks utterly bored. Some car will make a run and you'll hear exclamations of all types from the guys while the ladies have this look on their face that says, "That's great honey, but can we go now?"

Wouldn't it be nice if the girls kept on being girls, and the guys remained guys?

No comments: