Friday, April 13, 2007

Ohm-sweet-ohm...


It's funny (funny as in strange). In lab yesterday, I had yet another person unwittingly express their view on things such as grades. It seems that a good portion of the class doesn't give too much a hoot about due-dates, completing the lab, and completing the lab report with that thing in it that makes it a lab report.


"Dude, that lab was due today."

"I know."

"Right, so how come it isn't done?"

"Obviously, you care more about your lab."


I guess so...


Then we have another person in our class that has a heart attack whenever he gets something like a 90...because it's just too low.


Said person looks at lab report and grumbles.

Ben takes a peek.

"What's wrong?"

"I got a stinkin' 90."

"So? That's pretty good (especially for that lab)."

"Shut up."

"You know, there are a lot of people in this group that would be happy to consistently get that kind of grade."


It seems like he has some sort of issue with achievement and letting his aptness in certain areas be known.


Some others seem to think that finishing the lab minutes before class isn't a big deal. And if they don't finish it, they don't care all that much. In fact, it's a laughing matter. Haha! (?)









4 comments:

Jim Cappa said...

90 is acceptable (And, in some cases, very desirable). Unless it's something like... art class... or something like that. I mean, anything can be artistic. Even if you skip the project, you can just claim that you were "expressing yourself through passive resistance." That's worth a 93 for creativity. At least.

Daphne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter Calamy said...

Ugh, labs. I hate labs.

Or, rather, I hated labs.

No more labs for me, huzzah!

Allie said...

I must admit, I am also somewhat of a "90 grumbler", as Daphne puts it. I do have a tendency to freak out if I get below that(though I have on occasion. lol). Grades are important to me, but to freak out about one 90 is a little bad.

And yeah, some of my friends who took the same lab last year told me the same stuff about labs not being finished or even turned in. I don't get it at all.